Random Liberals

We are random liberals (who knew?). Collectively, we make up the greatest blog in the history of ourselves. We will blog about anything that suits us; mostly politics, with a little bit of religion and randomness to make the blog exciting.

Contributors
Rob
Joshua

Sunday, April 25, 2004

What do you know?

Who would've figured? Apparently, people/soldiers are fungible, according to Donald Rumsfeld. Fungible means something along the lines of an object or thing that can be easily replaced. When I heard that Rummy had gibly said that statement, I was furious and yet almost ready to start laughing at his stupidity. It's so sad when someone can convince themselves that the soldiers don't really count when they die because they can be replaced.

Along the same lines of stupidity, the Dallas Morining News printed some quotes that President Bush made in an October 2000 debate. A couple are, "I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation-building." and "I'm going to be judicious as to how to use the military. It needs to be in our vital interest, the mission needs to be clear, and the exit strategy obvious."

Okay, now sing along with me, "... I stuck my foot in my mouth and I ain't got nothin' to say...". My suggestion to Mr. Rumsfeld and President Bush is the good old saying think before you act. Or in their case, speak.

Joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home