Random Liberals

We are random liberals (who knew?). Collectively, we make up the greatest blog in the history of ourselves. We will blog about anything that suits us; mostly politics, with a little bit of religion and randomness to make the blog exciting.

Contributors
Rob
Joshua

Thursday, March 11, 2004

More on Kerry

Conspicuously missing from all of the analysis I have seen is the connection between Kerry's statement and the fact that he met with former candidate Howard Dean yesterday. If Kerry hadn't known that his mic was hot, then I would say that it was a coincidence. With the revelation by the Kerry campaign that he did in fact know that his mic was on, however, I don't think it was pure chance. Rather, it was a calculated attempt by Kerry to show Dean that he will keep the spine given to him. According to this article, Kerry met with Dean after he called his critics a "crooked...lying group..." It would appear to me that he wanted to go into his meeting with Dean and be able to say "I can dish it just as well as you can, and with more tact." And he would be right.

The more I think about this, the more it becomes apparent to me that this was an absolutely brilliant move by Kerry.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home