Random Liberals

We are random liberals (who knew?). Collectively, we make up the greatest blog in the history of ourselves. We will blog about anything that suits us; mostly politics, with a little bit of religion and randomness to make the blog exciting.

Contributors
Rob
Joshua

Monday, April 19, 2004

April 19

Today is the anniversary of two very important events in my lifetime. The first is the raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX in 1993. I was living in Waco at the time, though I was only 9 years old when it happened. I remember very little about the stand-off, and I haven't really done my research on the event, so I still know very little about it.

The second, of course, is the bombing of the Murrah building in Oklahoma City in 1995. In total, these two events killed over 260 people. Now, 9 years later, Terry Nichols is being tried on state murder charges in Oklahoma, unnecessarily. He is already serving a life sentence on federal charges, but state prosecutors in Oklahoma want blood, not to mention the press. This is not justice. Justice was served when Nichols was sent to prison for the rest of his life. I cannot see how justice is served by forcing the families of the victims to relive all the crap that they went through, just to try to kill another. Nichols isn't going to hurt anyone from prison. Just let him rot in peace.

Robert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home