Random Liberals

We are random liberals (who knew?). Collectively, we make up the greatest blog in the history of ourselves. We will blog about anything that suits us; mostly politics, with a little bit of religion and randomness to make the blog exciting.

Contributors
Rob
Joshua

Friday, October 01, 2004

Last night's debate

So. I watched the debate last night, albeit belatedly. I had band practice, so I missed the first 45 minutes. Fortunately, my dad and step-mom taped it for me, so I saw the first 45 minutes after watching the last 45 minutes. In my opinion, Senator Kerry did a much better job than President Bush. The president was petulant, and appeared annoyed often when he was not speaking.

I wanted to focus on one statement by the president that has not gotten any play in the media or the blogs. In describing what hard work it is to send other people to die for your cause, he said this.

It is hard work. It is hard work to go from a tyranny to a democracy. It's hard work to go from a place where people get their hands cut off, or executed, to a place where people are free.

It appears to me that this is a tacit admission that we are, in fact, a tyranny. People are executed regularly in this nation. With this now out in the open, when will the nations of western Europe begin their invasion to save the United States from itself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home